Your access to and use of the North Carolina Baptist Men (NCBM) Web Site ("Site") is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you agree to and are bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that this Agreement shall supersede any existing agreements, either oral or written with respect to the subject matter hereof, by you and North Carolina Baptist Men, Inc. (NCBM).
Participant Liability Release
As a volunteer with North Carolina Baptist Men (NCBM), Inc. I confirm that I am not going as a duly elected representative of my local Baptist church, Baptist Association, Baptist State Convention of N.C. or NCBM, nor as an employee of the Baptist State Convention of N.C. or NCBM.
I understand that this work is hazardous and entails risk of physical injury and often involves hard physical labor, heavy lifting, strenuous activity, long work hours, use of ladders, construction on roofs or other raised surfaces, screws, nails, broken glass, electrical hazards, falls, unloading supplies, accidents while traveling, cuts, bruises, burns, falling debris, falling trees/limbs, and other hazards foreseeable and unforeseeable that are associated with this type of activity. I recognize and acknowledge potential accidents at the disaster site, involving motor vehicles, in or about the living, sleeping and eating areas, or during activities of the disaster relief team; am fully aware of possible injuries to members of the disaster relief team, including myself. I understand these dangers and certify that I am in good health and physically able to perform this type of work.
I understand that I am engaging in this project at my own risk. I understand that this is a "grass roots'' activity to support individuals adversely affected. I assume all risk and responsibility for any damage or injury to my property or any personal injury that I may sustain while involved in this project, and related medical costs and expenses. I also understand that each individual will have the responsibility of providing his or her own health and accident insurance in the event of any illness or injury experienced during this volunteer mission.
In the event that NCBM arranges accommodations, I understand that they are not responsible for my personal effects and property and that they will not provide lockup or security for any items. I will hold them harmless in the event of theft or for loss resulting from any source or cause. I further understand that I am to abide by whatever rules and regulations may be in effect for the accommodations at that time.
This waiver, release and indemnity agreement is fully understood by me, and I enter the same willingly for the purposes herein above stated. I understand that this form will remain in effect for this project and all future projects unless myself or a representative of NCBM give notice.
By my signature, for myself, my estate and my heirs, I release, discharge, indemnify and forever hold the property owner, local Baptist Church, my Baptist Association, Baptist State Convention of N. C and/or North Carolina Baptist Men, Inc. together with their officers, agents, servants and employees, harmless from any and all causes of action arising from my participation in this project, and travel or lodging associated therewith.
Parents are responsible for children that are minors and the church group leader is responsible for youth under age 18.
Terms and Conditions
1. COPYRIGHT. The United States copyright laws protect all images, text, programs, and other materials found in the Site. Any commercial use of the images, text, programs or other materials found in the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of North Carolina Baptist Men, Inc. (NCBM).
2. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. While NCBM uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, NCBM makes no expressed or implied warranties or representations as to the accuracy or merchantability of the Site's content or programming. Neither NCBM, nor its information contributors, can be held responsible for the accuracy of the information and everything on the Site is provided to you "as is."
3. USER RESPONSIBILITY. The personal and/or professional use of and browsing in the Site by you, the User, are at your own risk. Neither NCBM, any of its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. NCBM also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
4. IMAGES. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or are used with permission by, NCBM. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is strictly prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may be in violation of copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
5. TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively referred to as "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and common law Trademarks of NCBM or others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of NCBM or such third party that may own Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that NCBM will enforce its intellectual property right to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
6. LINKS. NCBM has not reviewed any or all of the sites linked to the Site and does not assume responsibility for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Linking to the Site, off-site pages or other sites is done at your own risk and without the permission of NCBM.
7. MISCELLANEOUS COMMUNICATIONS. Although NCBM may, from time to time, review or monitor discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and other communications on the Site, NCBM is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising or resulting from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any such unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any federal or state law. NCBM will fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency or authorities or court order requesting or directing NCBM to disclose the identity of anyone found in violation of these Terms and Conditions with regards to the posting of any such information or materials.
8. SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL DATA. Software and other materials from the Site may be subject to United States Export Control laws, which prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported into any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or to anyone in the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. NCBM does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from the Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export laws.
9. ADVICE. Information contained within the Site is provided for educational purposes only. No part of the Site should be interpreted as investment, tax or legal advice. You are responsible for independently verifying any information found within the Site. NCBM is not licensed to provide tax or legal advice. As such, you should consult qualified and licensed providers of tax and legal advice.
10. UPDATES AND REVISIONS. NCBM may at any time update and revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by these updates and revisions and are encouraged to therefore periodically review these Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.