On a hot summer day, nothing can refresh like a cold bottle of water. Whether it is construction workers, joggers at a park, everyone would appreciate water when feeling hot and sweaty. By giving out bottles of water, you can also introduce people to the Living Water.
- Decide where you will be passing out bottles of water. Be creative. You can go to parks, construction sites, roadsides, rest stops, or special events such as marathons.
- Gather volunteers to help in labeling, loading, and distribution.
- Advertise the ministry and encourage church members to donate bottled waters (specify size and/or brand). While you can purchase custom labeled bottled waters, it may be cheaper to buy generic brands and make your own labels.
- Get supplies such as coolers, ice, labels, and glue sticks.
- Print labels and have a labeling party with your volunteers. On your label, you could print information about your church or scripture, e.g. John 4:13-14, “Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
- Have some volunteers who are willing and able to do heavy lifting to load the bottles. If possible, secure vans or trucks for ease in transportation.
- As you distribute the bottles, be ready to answer any questions people may have
- Before purchasing the bottles, make sure that the original label can be easily removed or covered.